- One semester credit
- Students learn the differences among the causes of pre-renal, intrarenal, and post renal acute renal failure & how to describe the clinical course of acute renal failure.
- Students gain the ability to differentiate the etiology and cause of chronic renal failure.
- This course discusses the tools and tests used to diagnose and manage renal failure.
- By the end of the period, students can recognize and assess the kidneys’ normal functions and explain the cause of renal failure.
- Prerequisites: HT101
- Current dialysis staff may not use this course for continuing education hours; It is part of a complete hemodialysis technician course.