- 1-semester credits, 15 hours (15 lectures)
- Students learn about the importance of nutrition to the patient’s overall care, including special dietary needs and restrictions.
- By the end of this course, students will be able to describe the role of nutrition in the management of ESRD patients, explain the basics of nutrition and RDA’s, the renal diet, teaching for a patient about a renal diet, foods to avoid, methods of cooking to be employed, and planning a renal diet for a patient with CRF.
- Prerequisites: HN101, HN102, HN103
- Current dialysis nurses may not use this course for continuing education hours; It is part of a comprehensive hemodialysis nurse course.