- BONENT-approved module
- Three-semester credits, 90 credit hours (15 lectures, 30 laboratories, 45 clinical hours)
- Students learn about water treatment for dialysis patients.
- By the end of this course, students can test and monitor water quality before receiving their treatment, practice, and perform the water maintenance for the Hemodialysis room independently. Topics included: understanding the method for microbiological testing of the water treatment system, typical water treatment monitoring schedule, components of a dialysis center’s water treatment system, and the advantages and disadvantages of water softeners. Prerequisites: HT101, HT102, HT103, HT104
- Availability to complete (Max): 30 days
- Current dialysis staff may not use this course for continuing education hours; It is part of a complete hemodialysis technician course.