- 2-semester credits, 45 hours (15 labs, 30 clinical).
- During this course, the students learn to set up equipment before starting the dialysis procedure to ensure that all parameters are intact and functional.
- Learn the different fluid delivery systems, monitor, alarms, disinfectants, rising and testing, so AAMI Standards for Dialysate Supply System, discuss dialyzer and dialysis bath types, and verify dialysate composition.
- Prerequisites: HN101, HN102, HN103, HN104, HN 105, HN 106
- Current dialysis nurses may not use this course for continuing education hours; It is part of a comprehensive hemodialysis nurse course.